Monday, June 22, 2009

Faced with Lion's

Today is a new day, I keep having to remind myself of that. I find it easy to slip into a revene of self pitty. Have you ever been in one of those situations or just general times of your life that you feel your work is pointless and you are letting your true potential down?.....Of Course you have......we all go through those times in our lives......we are human.

I know I have an absolutely blessed life but what is it that always keeps me wanting and seeking for more? Is it the idea of "fun" or is the warm feeling of laughter and joy? Who knows......but what is it that we are always faced with when we start to question our "joy".......what we are ultimately faced with is a question of Faith. Every time I begin to feel sorry for myself I realize that my main concern in that moment is not who can I help more, what can I do to witness better, or even how can I devote more of my time to my relationship with the Heavenly Father. No, my concern in that moment is "ME"......my happiness, my joy, my comfort, my financial security.

How sad is that? My faith in my creator, my savior, my provider is limited to moments of happyness......As I read through Daniel 6 this morning and realized what faith Daniel displayed when the entire nation was suppose to only bow down and worship the king......Daniel continued to worhsip and honor God alone. As a result was cast into the lion's den and left for dead. The next morning the king awoke early anxious to find Daniel's mangled body, but when the king called for Daniel.....he recieved a response of Daniel telling him that his God, the Creator, closed the mouths of the hungry lions and did not even leave a scratch on Daniel. Talk about faith....this young kid sitting in a lions den in the pitch black, dark with hungry lions, but faithful and knew God would deliver him.

I don't know about you but I have been to the Zoo and seen lions being fed......it is not a pretty sight and even being on the safe side of the 20 feet tall fence is still intimidating. So my prayer today is faith like Daniel. Trusting that God will deliver us from whatever lion's den we are facing right now. Don't give up on him, he has never given up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment