Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Give it a Tri


Two weeks ago I completed my first triathlon event. Thanks to my more than encouraging wife, I decided about 2 months ago that I wanted to give the sport a tri. So I thought about what I would do to start training, not really having any kind of knowledge besides that of my friend who is into the sport I just literally jumped in.




I started swimming 1-2 times a week, biking when I could and of course I was already running on a regular basis. I invested in some basic triathlon equipment and told myself I would do it. Having ran marathons and multiple 5Ks, 10Ks, and even a 15K I figured I was where I needed to be cardiovascular wise.....until I hit the pool, my lung capacity was not where I thought it was.




After doing several weeks of training and preparing myself mentally the day came. I remember stepping outside that Saturday morning and realizing it was about 58 degrees, my first thought was...."I wonder how cold the lake is?"


After completely the event, I was sold on the sport. To all the triathletes out there you are true athletes. I look forward to my next event. And I look forward to training for it as well.


Fall is officially here and the weather is great to be out training in, so lace up, layer up and head outdoors.




No comments:

Post a Comment