Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Steps

So I am trying to get back into a routine of running. After the marathon I was pretty disgusted and was looking forward to some time away from running. But for the last few days I have been staring at a new Runner's World magazine that my father-in-law past along to me to read a specific article.

But every time I look at that magazine it makes me feel like I am missing out. Missing out on good winter month miles. Megan is encouraging me to train for the Cow Town marathon this February in Fort Worth, TX. I need to seek some encouragement to get myself going again.

I almost feel as though I am learning how to take first steps again (as if I actually remember that the first time). Anyone have any advice?

3 comments:

  1. Get out there and do it babe! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Combine running with something else you are passionate about. For example, when I'm burned out, I'll use my desire for disciple-making to get me to run. I'll find someone that wants to start and run with them and teach/encourage them. I'm running too, but really I'm pouring into someone at the same time.

    Also, check your motivation. If it's a race or a challenge, then find a race to work towards. You've done a marathon so how about an ultra or triathlon or warrior dash (http://www.warriordash.com/)
    Find whatever it is that made running worth it and naturally re-create that.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in you Brandon! Don't worry about the past but PRESS ON toward your goal! (Cow Town & BOSTON).... The only way to fail is to quit ;-)

    Thanks for inspiring me to be a better runner!

    "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

    ReplyDelete