Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Not Feeling it....


I am sure we all have days when you wake up at 4:30am to the sound of your dog throwing up and you realize you have to get up in a few minutes to go run? What? that hasn't happened to you....well that is how our morning started off this morning. Luckily the dog did not throw up but was just coughing heavily. (There is a point I promise)


This morning as I was getting up preparing for a speed workout. I was definitely not feeling it, I was tired, had a lot on my mind concerning work and just not feeling it. Well I kissed Megan good bye for the day and headed out on my mile warm up. Got to the track to do my speed work and it was closed to the public, so I was even more upset and even considered heading back home. I didn't.


I fought through and decided to do the same workout I did on Monday and actually finished with a great workout. So my point today is even though you may wake up and your mind is telling you "Stay in bed" get your butt out of bed and surprise yourself. The hot weather will soon be fading away and the morning runs will be sublime.


Ran 5.15 miles in 39:55

1 comment:

  1. we woke up that way the other day!!! lol
    and way to go setting an example for other runners, aka myself :)

    ReplyDelete