Monday, November 15, 2010

GU,Bandaids,Peanut Butter, & Vaseline...

What do these have in common.....usually not much, unless you are a runner. This is the beginning of Race Week for me.

On April 29th was the day that I purchased my entry into the 2010 Williams Route 66 Marathon and in less than 6 days on Sunday the gun will sound. So this week I am going give you my thoughts on race preparations and also alot of random thoughts I have leading up to this weekend.

As I was out on an early morning jog last week, I reminded myself that it has been 2.5 yrs since I ran a marathon and I am trying to increase my speed? That is crazy considering I turned 26 last week as well. So I naturally got a little nervous.

More than anything I am excited, I am so ready to get back into the marathon. I honestly feel like a kid on Christmas morning (like the reference to this time of year). Call me sick, call me absurd but I love this sport and I can't wait for that gun to sound on Sunday morning.

Now remember today is just Monday!!! We will see how things are come Saturday.

What is something that gets you overly excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment