Thursday, July 1, 2010

Going on a Staycation.............day 21


Where do you want to go on vacation this year? Well we could go to Hawaii, or we could check out Myrtle Beach. I heard that Bora Bora is really nice, or what if we just went back to our place in Italy? Okay so this was a dialog that took place in a dream of mine one night. See I love to travel but more times then not I am left to my imagination such as this dream.


Being newly weds and living on a minimal budget, Megan and I are left to being quite creative for our vacation this summer, or "We could just have a staycation" as quoted by my beautiful wife one day as we were driving back from church. You might be asking yourself what is a staycation? Well it is just that....you stay where you are and spend some vacation time together. It's cheap I know but how many times do we go on vacation only to return more exhausted than before.


What do you do on a Staycation? Well we are actually going to my family's 4th of July celebration this weekend, but we are also going to Canton, TX for the "First Monday Flea Market" (Meg's idea).....should be fun!! But the rest of the time is really up in the air, probably lots of time in the swimming pool, and of course training. Most of all catching up on sleep, remember what I said about sleep and training, hopefully I can catch up over the next 9 days.


I will be posting throughout, because I definitely want to help with ideas & experience on what to do while on vacation. Stay Fit!! Also I want to highly recommend the staycation if you are on a minimal vacation budget. Make plans to do stuff locally, it can also help you stay in your training routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment